HONORING OUR MISSION TO BE A RESOURCE FOR HEALTH
At this unprecedented time, we know COVID-19 will impact everyone in our community in some way. On SUNDAY, MARCH 15, 2020 - after input from local, state, and national public health experts we have made the difficult decision to TEMPORARILY CLOSE all of our branch locations and YMCA Farha Sport Centers and suspend all activities, sports, and programs, effective MONDAY, MARCH 16, 2020.
While we're not offering our traditional services to the community - we are continuing to honor our mission to serve our entire community and to empower healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are doing this in a variety of ways including:
- Daily calls to hundreds of older and vulnerable members and neighbors
- Sharing live content, themes and challenges, and dynamic exchanges with our members on social media
- Keeping our community active and healthy with YMCA 360
- Exploring ways we can collaborate with partners (established and new) to address COVID-19 concerns
- Ensuring we’re ready for the return to “normal” as soon as appropriate (No. We don't - yet - know that date)
YMCA360 AND VIRTUAL/ONLINE OFFERINGS
While our facilities are closed we can't invite you to come in for a great workout - with all the physical, social, and emotional benefits that might provide. We are pleased to offer an on-demand/virtual branch in the meantime:
- 60+ videos including workouts, programs, and activities for all ages, abilities, and interests
- OUR Greater Wichita YMCA staff and members leading and participating
- FREE for the entire community during these unprecedented times
- Accessible with any connected device and "castable" to/from most supported devices
Use the buttons below to explore YMCA 360 and to remain active, engaged, and healthy.
HELP US DO MORE AT THIS TIME
While we've suspended traditional operations, we have also suspended all fees and charges for membership, programs, and add-ons (and won't charge again until after we re-open) but we're still serving the community through calls and check-ins with older and vulnerable members, a vibrant social media community and free YMCA 360 content online. We have enjoyed the support of the community since 1885 and we appreciate ongoing gifts including:
- SUSTAINING MEMBERS have volunteered to still pay monthly fees to help us serve
- Non-members or those wanting to give once or at an on-going level can do that, too
To become a Sustaining Member or to make a gift, use the tiles below.
We are proud to be able to offer calls and check-ins for support and online resources including social media communities and YMCA 360 content but we know that time impact of COVID-19 go well beyond staying active and engaged. We suggest the following organizations as resources for additional help and practical support.
While we are committed to the health (spirit, mind, and body) of everyone in the communities we serve - we are not medical or community health experts. We encourage you to look to local, regional, state, and federal experts and resources for best practices on protecting good health for you and others.
MAKING HEALTHY CONNECTIONS
The Greater Wichita YMCA remains focused on supporting healthy spirit, mind, and body during these uneasy times including: