The FSC Cougars Volleyball Club is committed to offering the best experience for our teams for an unbeatable price. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to grow at the competitive level regardless of ability to pay. Our experienced, certified coaching staff offers skill and teamwork development while players learn to play and win with a diverse group of other young players. We offer two convenient locations for practices at our top notch facilities, the South & Andover Farha Sport Centers.
COMPETITIVE VOLLEYBALL LEAGUES
- ELIGIBLE AGES 14s
- TEAM FORMATION 8-10 Players/Team Roster (Chosen/assigned by Y staff and coaches based on try-out (see FAQs below for more)
- LEAGUE FORMAT League PLUS is designed to help players transition from recreation and advanced volleyball to competitive volleyball. The program, a partnership with the Air Capital Aces, encourages skills and teamwork development and is developed and played consistent with our Core Values (Character, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility).
- SEASON FORMAT
- GAME COUNT 8 Games/Season
- MID- and POST-SEASON TOURNAMENTS Two tournaments, coordinated with Air Capital Aces volleyball league.
- GAME AND PLAY FORMAT
- Score Kept
- Coaches determine playing time/percentage for each player
- PLAYER COSTS / FEES
- INDIVIDUAL Registration with Individual Fees (See Branch Staff for Details). Registration covers practice and game space, jerseys, coaches fees, etc.
- Fees can be paid in full at registration or in quarter payments (one at registration, the other three on monthly (January, February, and March) AutoDraft).
- $300/Player/Season for Greater Wichita YMCA Members (Youth or Family Member)
- $400/Player/Season for Community Participants (Non-Members).
- FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE We encourage you to JOIN the Y for immediate savings and to apply for FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE, too.
- $30-$55/Year Heart of America Volleyball (HOA) Membership. Click HERE for options.
- PLAYERS are responsible for all travel-associated costs for them and any family/friends who travel with the team.
- Players not assigned to a team will be provided a full refund.
- UNIFORM POLICY
- Matching shirts/jerseys (Team Provided)
- Centered Numbers (front and back) Required
- PRACTICE/GAME LOCATIONS
- PRACTICES are held at our YMCA Farha Sports Centers (Andover or South) based on coach/player preference.
- GAMES are played at our YMCA Farha Sports Centers Courts (Andover and Wichita) based on league schedule.
- COACHES AND OFFICIALS
2019-2020 SEASON PLAYER OPENINGS
While we are already in-season, we currently have openings for individual players to join established teams including:
- LOCAL PLAYERS 11U, 13U
- REGIONAL PLAYERS 13U, 14U
- MALE PLAYERS Local and Regional (13U and 14U especially)
If you are interested in joining us, please follow the registration instructions and we'll follow-up. Please use the AGE VERIFICATION tile (below) to ensure you meet requirements.
REQUIRED PAPERWORK AND HOA SITE LINKS
To participate, the Greater Wichita YMCA required all players complete, sign, and follow our FSC Cougars 2020 Season Player Release Form and our Cougars Expectation / Registration Form. You can access/download PDFs of the forms (to be printed and completed) using the tiles below. Players must also verify their HOA eligibility. Using the tiles below - players can set-up and complete their profiles (NEW PLAYERS) or update/verify/complete information (RETURNING PLAYERS).
FSC COUGARS FAQ
The following are regular questions about our advanced, competitive club volleyball program.
- DOES THE FSC COUGAR PROGRAM HAVE A MISSION?
Yes. The mission of the FSC Cougars club volleyball program is to grow and develop our players to become better people on and off the court. We strive to instill our four core values - Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility. At Farha, your kid is much more than a number. We truly want to give athletes and their families a competitive club volleyball experience at a comparatively low price.
- WHAT ARE THE TEAM CATEGORIES?
National - $700 for y-members, $800 for non-members
- Teams will practice 3x per week
- Teams will attend a National Qualifier
- Teams will go to 6-9 tournaments total
- Teams will practice 2x per week
- Teams will attend the Regional Championships
- Teams will go to 6-9 tournaments total
- Teams will practice 2x per week
- Teams will attend 6 local tournament
- WHAT TEAMS WILL YOU OFFER FOR THE 2019-2020 SEASON?
We plan to offer 30 teams for 11U-18U in the 2019-2020 season. While we may add additional teams (at the appropriate age group/level - including League Plus teams) based on tryouts and enrollment we intend the following designations:
- 11s - 2 (1 Regional, 1 Local)
- 12s - 3 (2 Regional, 1 Local)
- 13s - 5 (3 Regional, 2 Local)
- 14s - 6 (3 Regional, 3 Local)
- 15s - 6 (2 National, 2 Regional, 2 Local)
- 16s - 4 (1 National, 3 Regional)
- 17s - 2 (2 National)
- 18s - 2 (2 Regional)
- HOW ARE TEAMS PICKED?
Players formally tryout to participate. They are evaluated on SKILL LEVEL and DEMONSTRATED DESIRE to play and the need at their position(s). Players are then slotted, based on evaluation, to be on team "1", "2", or "3" with the overall best players on team 1, etc. This allows the talent level within each team to be more consistent and to best-challenge individual players and improve team outcomes. While know tryout/evaluation/placement process is perfect - our on-going results show this system works best for our teams and our commitment to our core values and mission.
- HOW MANY TOURNAMENTS ARE INCLUDED IN THE SEASON?
6-9 Tournaments. The number varies by team, level, and performance. See additional information below.
- I WANT MY KID TO PLAY IN COLLEGE. HOW WILL THIS HELP?
Our first priority is to ensure athletes are building skills and competitive experience the RIGHT way - with a focus on core values and good sportsmanship and character. Our coaches work with each individual player to develop their skills and help them set, work toward, and accomplish their own goals for the team, for themselves, and for their playing careers. Our experience has proven that with good mentoring, dedication, and hard work there will be progress made on the court and that directly applies to life and experiences off the court. While no club can guarantee players a college scholarship, the vast majority of collegiate volleyball athletes are recruited through the "club" circuit with advanced, competitive play and we believe there is an opportunity for our better players to compete at the next level.
FSC Cougars, through our NCSA partnership, have performance and results shared with and available to college coaches. We also participate in tournaments of a caliber that attracts college coaches and recruiting staff who want to see potential recruits and players play. The Greater Wichita YMCA nor FSC Cougars coaches and staff make any commitments beyond potential exposure.
We empower athletes to put in the hard work to be recruited by giving them the tools to be successful with the support of coaching and club staff that know each kid as an individual as well as a volleyball player. We believe that if a kid is willing to put in the work (both on the court and academically), there is an opportunity for them to play at the next level.
Want to know more about FSC Cougar alumni, our coaching staff, or our previous results and upcoming schedule? Use the tiles below.
ANOTHER REASON Y
The Greater Wichita YMCA offers competitive sports and hundreds of ways to pursue a healthy spirit, mind, and body including: