We will re-open for members ages 13-and-over with outdoor group exercise classes for everyone on Monday, May 18 at 6AM.
On Monday, May 11, 2020 our CEO sent the following email to members and participants regarding our planned re-opening on Monday, May 18, 2020.
Today we are pleased to announce the first phase of the Greater Wichita YMCA's re-opening plan. I appreciate all the notes of encouragement and your suggestions on keeping everyone safe. We are all in this together and we can’t wait to see you back at the Y.
Here is what you need to know about our WELCOME BACK plan:
- Our ten branches will open MONDAY, MAY 18
- 6AM-8PM Monday-Friday (7AM-12PM on Memorial Day)
- 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday
- Facilities will be available to Greater Wichita YMCA members ages 13-and-older
Initial offerings will include:
- Cardio Equipment, Weights, Personal and Small Group Training
- Select Group Exercise Classes (outside and weather permitting) is available to EVERYONE (check our app Friday for schedules)
We’re also resuming some programs:
- EARLY LEARNING CENTERS (ELCs) Enrollment is open. East and South Centers open May 18.
- SUMMER CAMP Enrollment will resume (online) Wednesday. Camp begins June 1.
- SUMMER YOUTH SPORTS Enrollment will resume soon. The season will start in June.
Our membership fees will resume Monday, June 15. If COVID-19 has impacted your family finances or your comfort coming back to the Y – please speak with our Membership Staff (by email anytime or by phone or in-person at our branches starting Monday, May 18). We have options available to help reduce or eliminate the cost of membership for those in need.
Look for more information next Monday.
President and CEO
Greater Wichita YMCA
P.S. Remember our VIRTUAL YMCA offerings remain available free - for everyone - with new content daily.