The Greater Wichita YMCA will comply with the statewide face mask mandate starting Monday, 7/6 - see our full policy here.
Based on Governor Kelly's Executive Order No. 20-52 requiring face masks in the state of Kansas, the Greater Wichita YMCA will begin requiring face masks for individuals inside our facilities starting on Monday. There are exceptions, consistent with the Governor's language, and this policy may change based on pending county-specific (Sedgwick, Butler, and Garvey counties) responses. We all have a role to play in protecting public health - including wearing face masks and taking other simple steps - amidst ongoing COVID-19 concerns.
The following is our official policy language:
Effective MONDAY, JULY 6th the Greater Wichita YMCA is requiring face masks (covering the mouth and nose) for everyone inside our facilities at all times except:
- Children (ages 0-7) and any individual with a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents wearing a face covering.
- When any individual is actively engaging in the following activities:
- Exercising and/or using equipment on fitness floors
- Participating in group exercise classes or programs in studios
- Playing recreational or organized sports in gyms or on courts
- Swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering
We strongly encourage (but do not require) those outside our facilities (water parks, athletic fields, parking lots, etc.), to:
- Wear face masks over nose and mouth (unless ages 0-7 or prevented from doing so)
- Maintain an appropriate distance (six feet or more) from all other parties
- Limit contact to infrequent or incidental movement within fitness activities
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION
QUESTIONS? Please speak with a member of any Branch Leadership Staff.
REVISED TU 7/7/20 at 12:30PM CT