The Greater Wichita YMCA, today, is at 95%+ regular operations as our re-opening plan continues as scheduled - learn more below.
Our CEO, Ronn McMahon, email our membership again today with a weekly update on our re-opening status:
This pandemic has challenged all of us in different ways and our shared recovery is ongoing. We would like to express our appreciation for sticking with us throughout our RE-OPENING PLAN and want to re-affirm our commitment to being a resource for all in our community - as we have been for 135 years.
As of this morning - we have re-opened/resumed more than 95% of our spaces and offerings. It is wonderful to, again, see members swimming in our pools, playing basketball on our courts, and playing in our Kid Zones.
Here are a few key points to this week's re-open status:
- Locker rooms, indoor pools, and social spaces are now available
- In-studio/in-pool group exercise has resumed (schedules IN OUR APP)
- Our KID ZONES, CAMPS, SUMMER SPORTS, and ELCs are open
- Today is your last chance to EMAIL OUR MEMBER ACCOUNT SUPPORT TEAM to keep your membership ON HOLD before we charge regular, monthly, membership fees on Mon. 6/15. Details are in the "Membership" section of the "Additional Information" on our WELCOME BACK page.
- Our YMCA 360 programs remain available and free for-all
We are on-schedule to be fully operational by Mon. 6/22 - just two weeks from today.
Stay active, stay engaged - stay healthy. See you at the Y.
President and CEO
Greater Wichita YMCA
PS If COVID-19 has impacted your finances and membership, camp, or sports costs create a hardship - let's talk. Thanks to generous donations to our Strong Community Fund, we can offer income-based rates to kids and families.