The Greater Wichita YMCA's Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are hosted in our Y branches but staffed and managed entirely by our Child Care and Camp branch staff. ELCs offer an atmosphere for learning and fun where children and families feel secure, comfortable, and important.
ELCs offer affordable, KDHE-licensed, high quality, child care programs that are customized to meet the needs of the children of parents - still in school and/or working - in an effort of improving the overall outcomes for young families. CDCs provide children (two-weeks-old through their start of school) with a mixture of learning, social, and physical activities that holistically approach education, build confidence, and ensure future success.
The information below is intended to provide an outline of program sites, content, required paperwork, useful information about our other licensed child care programs, and ways to contact our staff for additional support.
ELC SITES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Dr. Jim Farha ANDOVER YMCA
1115 E. US Highway 54, Andover, KS 67002
PROGRAM DIRECTOR Jackie Tanner
EMAIL or 316.448.1060
9333 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67207
PROGRAM DIRECTOR Sherry Syakhasone
EMAIL or 316.685.2059
Richard A. DeVore SOUTH YMCA
3405 S. Meridian Ave., Wichita, KS 67217
PROGRAM COORDINATOR Michaela Wahl
EMAIL or 316.942.9782
ELC ENROLLMENT PROCESS
ELC enrollment is ongoing, based on age and availability. Each program site maintains and active wait list.
TO APPLY AND REGISTER
- Review the ELC Program Overview, Policies, and Parent Information (below), at any ELC branch site, or contact our Leadership Team for materials by mail
- Contact our administrative office or a ELC site to inquire about openings, discuss your child's needs, verify costs and assistance, and to schedule a visit
- Applications/enrollment forms are available IN PERSON at an ELC or by MAIL (instructions in Overview Brochure (below))
- ALL KDHE paperwork, ELC enrollment forms and support documents, and signed parental policy form are required for enrollment consideration
- Registration is NOT available online or at our Y branch Welcome Desks - it is exclusively available with our ELC staff or by mail to our admin. office
- Greater Wichita YMCA/ELC staff MUST confirm enrollment before children can enter the program, without exception
- Enrollment is based on available space, child developmental readiness, licensing guidelines, and prioritization. Costs are based on classroom assignment.
- Children with special needs will be accepted only if enrollment is in the best interest of the child
- Income-based pricing and grant funding available for those who qualify (Early Childhood Block Grants, Kansas Pre-K Program, Strong Community Campaign, etc.)
- Our licensed programs, including ELCs, accept DCF Child Care Assistance funds through the State of Kansas