The Greater Wichita YMCA's School Day Out and Break Club programs are staffed by the Y and held at select area Elementary Schools and/or our area branch locations. The programs provide full-day programs for kids, Kindergarten through Fifth Grade, to enjoy during scheduled school closures - one-day or week-long.
School Day Out and Break Clubs programs (together referred to as Fun Clubs) offers affordable, KDHE-licensed, high quality, child care in a safe, comfortable setting that combines social and physical activities and educational content that keeps kids active and engaged when school is closed. Host sites allow for easy drop-off/pick-up but do not require Y membership or registration in specific school districts. ALL kids (based on age) are welcome at any program site during any program date. All Fun Club programs provide a nutritious breakfast to morning participants and a healthy snack for afternoon participants - all participants must bring their own sack lunch daily.
The information below is intended to provide an outline of program sites, content, and costs, required paperwork required for enrollment, useful information about our other licensed child care programs, and ways to contact our staff for additional support.
2020-2021 SCHOOL DAY OUT AND BREAK CLUB HOST SITES
We will offer SCHOOL DAY OUT programs at Elementary Schools and our Branches. BREAK CLUB programs are exclusively held at our branches:
|SCHOOL DAY OUT SCHOOL SITES
||SCHOOL DAY OUT and BREAK CLUB Y BRANCH SITES
Explorer Elementary School (Goddard, KS)
Maize Elementary School (Maize, KS)
Wheatland Elementary School (Valley Center, KS)
Dr. Jim Farha ANDOVER YMCA (Andover, KS)
Dennis Schoenebeck NORTH YMCA (Wichita, KS)
Ken Shannon NORTHWEST YMCA (Wichita, KS)
Richard A. DeVore SOUTH YMCA (Wichita, KS)
|(All Students - Regardless of School District - Can Participate at any School Day Out and/or Break Club Site)
SCHOOL DAY OUT and BREAK CLUB ENROLLMENT PROCESS
General, open KEY Academy, School Day Out, and Break Club enrollment will open SOON and continue throughout the school year - as spaces are available.
SCHOOL DAY OUT and BREAK CLUB registration is a mixture of a program-specific and KEY Academy paperwork - as outlined below.
- For either/both program(s) review the KEY Academy Program Overview, Policies, and Parent Information (below), at any Greater Wichita YMCA branch site, or contact our Leadership Team for materials by mail.
- Complete the MANDATORY KDHE forms online (website account required) - and all required registration paperwork and sign our parental policy form.
- Registration for School Day(s) Out and Break Club is NOT available at any KEY Academy program site.
- Bring your materials IN PERSON to any branch location - where you will complete registration, confirm location and session(s) and pay program fees in full.
- ALL KDHE paperwork, KEY Academy (used for School Day(s) out and Break Club) enrollment forms and support documents, and signed parental policy form are required for enrollment consideration.
- Forms are not accepted by mail and those left at program sites can NOT be processed.
- Space for your child cannot be secured with our full payment and complete registration form.
- Children with special needs will be accepted only if enrollment is in the best interest of the child.
- Costs are based on program/stated rates (see forms). FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE and third-party payment available (see policies document).
- Once registered, ALL fees are due as outlined and are non-refundable - regardless of attendance. See paperwork for details.
SCHOOL DAY OUT AND BREAK CLUB ENROLLMENT PAPERWORK AND SUPPORT
As outlined above, enrollment in/registration for SCHOOL DAY(S) OUT and BREAK CLUB is based on a combination of
- School Day Out and/or Break Club REGISTRATION FORMS (above)
- KEY Academy ENROLLMENT PAPERWORK
- KDHE Online Forms/Student Information
Participation in KEY Academy is NOT required for School Day(s) Out and/or Break Club(s) participation but KEY Academy participants do not need to complete the enrollment forms a second time (registration required for each School Day Out and/or Break Club). Use the tiles below to download/review Registration Forms (that include dates and locations for each district) by school district (enrollment in schools is not required to participate):