The Greater Wichita YMCA offers a variety of tools and support for companies and organizations wanting to bring better health and wellness resources to their workforce. In addition to corporate challenges and webinar workshops - that are administered by participating organizations - we offer a series of ON-SITE and IN-PERSON topic- and are-specific workshops (ideally about 60-minutes in length) that support overall wellness. Our subject matter experts come to your office, a retreat or meeting location, or other employee gathering space and provide all the materials needed for an informative, engaging, and beneficial discussion of current status, goals, and strategies to move from one to the other. The cost for each presentation is $250 for a community organization or just $150 for a Corporate Membership Partners.
2020 ON-SITE WELLNESS WORKSHOP OVERVIEW
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY TOPICS
- DON'T JUST SIT THERE Today's culture supports and promotes sedentary behaviors - movement is an intentional practice. Learn the why and how to encourage adding more activity to your daily routine.
- RESTORATION AND RECOVERY How much is too much? Learning how to optimize the balance between "work" and "rest" can make a difference in avoiding injury and/or speeding healing.
- BEYOND CARDIO Being “fit” goes beyond the treadmill. This workshop uncovers new and enjoyable ways to strengthen our personal foundation with strength training, flexibility, and balance.
- EXERCISE IS THE MIRACLE PILL Stressed? Fatigued? Depressed? Have arthritis or elevated blood pressure, cholesterol or glucose levels? Learn how exercise might by the best prescription.
- HEALING FOODS “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates Food is body fuel. Participants will understand how fiber, fats, antioxidants and other nutrients boost overall health.
- FOOD AND MOOD Emotional state impacts our food decisions and our food decisions impact our emotional state. This informative discussion showcases how participants can take control of both.
- WHAT'S REALLY IN MY FOOD? Participants will explore what goes into food when it is processed, what it means to eat food in its "natural" form and why the differences matter so much.
- DINNER SOLVED Many of us are overwhelmed by the time and effort it takes to buy, prepare, and eat food at home. Participants will learn how food prep can enable much healthier food decisions.
EMOTIONAL / SOCIAL TOPICS
- MULTI-TASKING - FACT or FICTION? Review current research on - and the impacts of - productivity and personal well-being that can come from muli-tasking. Participants might just be surprised.
- MINDFULL vs. MINDFUL Explore "mindfulness" as a practice that allows participants to de-clutter their minds and become more "present" and to truly participate in moments - to improve their lives.
- STRESS - IS IT HARMFUL, OR HELPFUL? Reframe how stress is considered, viewed, and approached. Participants will learn about the benefits of properly engaging and managing stress.
- RESILIENCE, THE REBOUND STRATEGY Participants learn to harness their inner strength to rebound from stress, a setback, or other challenges.
- RELATIONSHIPS - LIFE DRAINER OR LIFE SAVER? Humans are social beings and thrive when we have positive social connections. Participants explore how good friends can lengthen and improve lives.
- MONEY MATTERS Many people identify "personal finances" as a top stressor and most see them as stressful. We examine small steps that participants can take now to improve their financial future.
MEDICAL / SELF-CARE TOPICS
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS Health screening results can seem foreign and confusing. Understanding the numbers - and what to do with the data - is key. Participants review their results one value at a time.
- PREVENTIVE PRACTICES Take a look at your disease risk based on family history, habits and behaviors, and preventive action. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- BEDTIME BASICS Sleep plays a bigger factor in health, productivity, weight management and decision making than you may have thought. A better night leads to a better day.
- BLUE ZONES Nine Secrets to Longer Life Learn practices that are standing the test of time from populations around the world that are living WELL - longer.
- INFLAMMATION, AND WHAT TO DO ABOUT IT Learn how free radicals, antioxidants and stress impact your body and how you can fight back to improve your health.
ADDITIONAL CORPORATE WELLNESS PROGRAMS
In addition to in-person Wellness Workshops, the Greater Wichita YMCA offers several wellness programs including:
ANOTHER REASON Y
The Greater Wichita YMCA offers on-site wellness workshops and thousands of options to support healthy spirit, mind, and body including: