Our POWER LUNCH WEBINAR SERIES is designed to provide participants with 50 minutes (from 12:05-12:55 PM CT) of fresh wellness information and an opportunity to identify their personal wellness goals.
2020 Webinar Topics:
- SELFISH TO SELFLESS (WED. 02/12/20): Selfless acts have many personal benefits as well. So whether your contributions are for selfish gain or selfless service first, you get benefits.
- FIGHT DIABETES RISK WITH ACTION (WED. 03/11/20): Don’t play the victim with Diabetes. Whether you have been diagnosed, told you are pre-diabetic or it runs in your family, you can take action. Diabetes Alert Day is March 24.
- FROM EFFORT TO OUTCOMES WITH EXERCISE (WED. 04/08/20): Turn your exercise output into outcomes when you apply physical activity recommendations with science for progression.
- BREAKING THROUGH (WED. 05/13/20): Nothing may feel as debilitating as mental health struggles, like anxiety and depression. Discover ways to help others, or yourself. May is National Mental Health Awareness Month.
- SUGAR AND YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM (WED. 06/10/20): With guest speaker Dr. Patrick Garrett. Your body is a series of interconnected systems. Uncover how sugar interacts with your immune system and ways to boost your health and healing.
- FINANCIAL FACT FINDING (WED. 07/08/20): Fixing, or enhancing, your financial status is all about the facts. Make your money decisions with knowledge and confidence.
- FROM SCREEN TIME TO SLEEPY TIME (WED. 08/12/20): Television or internet scrolling may be part of your current bedtime routine but could you change this habit if it meant more energy, improved hormone functioning, and better overall well-being?:
- YOGA, STEP BY STEP (WED. 09/09/20): With certified yoga instructor Holly Hajjaj. De-mystify the practice and benefits of yoga through this experiential class.
- EATING FOR SUCCESS ON THE GO (WED. 10/14/20): With Registered Dietician and Healthy Eating Director Tammi Krier. Without mindfulness, preparation, and helpful tips, eating on the go or while on the road can derail any good eating intentions. Don’t get stuck on the road to poor nutrition.:
- WEIGHT LOSS – NO GIMMICKS (WED. 11/11/20): Apply cornerstone practices and consistency in eating habits, physical activity, sleep hygiene and stress management to achieve healthy, sustainable weight loss.
Created to educate and support employees better understanding key health indicators and making improvements based on the risk factors presented in their current numbers. The series reviews six key numbers:
- Blood Pressure
- LDL (Total Cholesterol)
- Weight Loss and Weight Distribution
Power Lunch Webinar Series: Pricing is based on each program - with bundle rates available - and the size of your organization (total employee count). Corporate Membership partners are extended a special discount. Sign up for your webinars - and consider a corporate partnership - today.
|Per Webinar||Corporate Partner||Community Partner|
|Under 100 Employees||$100||$150|
|Complete Series||Corporate Partner||Community Partner|
|Under 100 Employees||$800||$1200|
Know Your Numbers Mini-Series:
- $180/Full Package (Six, pre-recorded, 25-minute videos)
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Don't Just Sit There: Today's culture supports and promotes sedentary behaviors – movement must be an intentional practice. Learn the why and how to encourage adding more activity to your daily routine.
- Restoration and Recovery: How much is too much? Learning how to optimize the balance between "work" and "rest" can make a difference in avoiding injury and/or speeding healing.
- Beyond Cardio: Being “fit” goes beyond the treadmill. This workshop uncovers new and enjoyable ways to strengthen our personal foundation with strength training, flexibility, and balance.
- Exercise is the Miracle Pill: Stressed? Fatigued? Depressed? Have arthritis or elevated blood pressure, cholesterol or glucose levels? Learn how exercise might by the best prescription.
- Healing Foods: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates. Food is body fuel. Participants will understand how fiber, fats, antioxidants and other nutrients combine to improve overall health.
- Food and Mood: Our emotional state impacts our food decisions and our food decisions impact our emotional state. This informative discussion showcases how participants can take control of both.
- What's Really in My Food: Participants will explore what goes into food when it is processed, what it means to eat food in its "natural" form and why the differences matter so much.
- Dinner Solved: Many of us are overwhelmed by the time and effort it takes to buy, prepare, and eat food at home. Participants will learn how food prep can enable much healthier food decision
- Multi-Tasking - Fact or Fiction?: Review current research on - and the impacts of - productivity and personal well-being that can come from multi-tasking. Participants might just be surprised.
- Mindful vs Mind Full: Explore "mindfulness" as a practice that allows participants to de-clutter their minds and become more "present" and to truly participate in the moments that might improve their lives.
- Stress - Is it Harmful or Helpful?: Reframe how stress is considered, viewed, and approached. Participants will learn about the benefits of properly engaging and managing stress.
- Resilience, The Rebound Strategy: Participants learn to harness their inner strength to rebound from stress, a setback, or other challenges.
- Relationships - Life Drainer or Life Saver?: Humans are social beings and thrive when we have positive social connections. Participants explore how good friends can lengthen and improve lives.
- Money Matters: Many people identify "personal finances" as a top stressor and most see them as stressful. We examine small steps that participants can take now to improve their financial future.
- Know Your Numbers: Health screening results can seem foreign and confusing. Understanding the numbers - and what to do with the data - is key. Participants review their results one value at a time.
- Preventative Practices: Take a look at your disease risk based on family history, habits and behaviors, and the correlating preventive action. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
- Bedtime Basics: Sleep plays a bigger factor in health, productivity, weight management and decision making than you may have thought. A better night leads to a better day.
- Blue Zones: Nine Secrets to Longer Life Learn practices that are standing the test of time from populations around the world that are living WELL - longer.
- Inflammation, and What To Do About It: Learn how free radicals, antioxidants and stress impact your body and how you can fight back to improve your health.
The cost for each presentation is $250 for a community organization or just $150 for a Corporate Membership Partners.
When you participate in our corporate challenges you aren't just encouraging friendly competition between your employees - you can compete against other organizations throughout the Wichita area. The winning company for each challenge will receive recognition and bragging rights, and better wellness for their employees and organization. Internal participation will be reported back to each employer to recognize participants and award participation credit if applicable for wellness program requirements or incentives.
While we have a standard, competition calendar, we can also collaborate with you on custom challenges that better match your workforce and their wants and needs.
- OPEN HEART, HELPING HANDS (MON. 02/03/20-SUN. 02/23/20): A healthy heart isn’t only about knowing your numbers, eating right, and getting exercise. Giving of your time, talent and treasure is also good for your heart. Use this month to get a jump on a year of giving back and doing small acts of service to benefit your emotional, physical and social well-being.
- FIRM FOUNDATION (MON. 04/06/20-SUN. 04/26/20): Strong may look and feel different to each individual but being strong allows you to accomplish daily tasks with energy and stamina, not to mention graceful aging. Build on your physical foundation by including strength training in your daily routine.
- KNOW YOUR H20 (MON. 06/01/20-SUN. 06/21/20): Your reason for drinking water may be different but the fact remains, we all need it. Water increases energy and metabolism, enhances skin appearance, helps digestion, and reduces joint aches and pains. Sugar, on the other hand, may do the opposite. Take the double challenge to get hydrated and avoid sweetened beverages.
- POWER DOWN (MON. 08/03/20-SUN. 08/23/20): Technology use late at night impairs your sleep cycles. Sleep cycles impact our hormones, which determine our appetite, stress level, muscle repair, and MORE. Power down without technology at night to improve your energy and well-being in the days that follow.
- KITCHEN CLOSED (MON. 10/05/20-SUN.10/25/20): If your kitchen had a closing time, you may eliminate unnecessary, late night calories. This practice supports healthy digestion before sleeping, but also reduces overall calorie intake of less than nutritious choices. Clean the kitchen, turn off the lights, and hang up your “CLOSED” sign for the evening.
- JINGLE ALL THE WEIGH (WED. 11/25/20-FRI. 01/08/21): This holiday season, the only thing that should be “stuffed” is the turkey! The average American gains 1 to 5 pounds during the holidays and most never lose those extra pounds. This year, maintain or lose weight over the holidays by being mindful of your food, activity and stress.
|Corporate Partner||Community Partner|
Want to enroll your organization in our Corporate Wellness Challenges? We can schedule a call or meeting and get you started in no time. Just email our Corporate Wellness Team and share a little about your organization and why you're interested in participating.
Recommended class formats based on limited choreography, need for additional equipment, and general interest:
- Tai Chi
Classes can be scheduled as Private classes at a Greater Wichita YMCA Branch for more options on class formats and a way to increase exposure to group exercise classes at the YMCA.
Classes can also be offered in a virtual format to support a remote workforce or employees that are spread across the city, state or region.