Our POWER LUNCH WEBINAR SERIES is designed to provide participants with 45 minutes (from 12:05-12:50 PM CT) of fresh wellness information and an opportunity to identify their personal wellness goals.
2022 Webinars Calendar:
- February 9: OUR BRAIN ON TECH
- March 9: LIFE IN THE FASTING LANE (Intermittent Fasting with Dr Delane Vaughn)
- April 13: FOOD SWAPS FOR EVERY LIFESTYLE
- May 11: IS THERE SUCH A THING AS BALANCE? (Work-life integration)
- June 8: FINANCIAL LITERACY: Retirement and Income Planning
- July 13: TIME TO ADJUST YOUR WORK SPACE (Ergonomics)
- August 10: SHIFTING FROM GOALS TO HABITS
- September 14: FINDING JOY AND PEACE THROUGH MINDFULNESS
- October 12: THE "RIGHT" DIET
- November 9: EXERCISES FOR AGE, OR LIFE STAGE
Created to educate and support employees better understanding key health indicators and making improvements based on the risk factors presented in their current numbers. The series reviews six key numbers:
- Blood Pressure
- LDL (Total Cholesterol)
- Weight Loss and Weight Distribution
Power Lunch Webinar Series: Pricing is based on each program - with bundle rates available - and the size of your organization (total employee count). Corporate Membership partners are extended a special discount. Sign up for your webinars - and consider a corporate partnership - today.
|Per Webinar||Corporate Partner||Community Partner|
|Under 100 Employees||$100||$150|
|Complete Series||Corporate Partner||Community Partner|
|Under 100 Employees||$800||$1200|
Know Your Numbers Mini-Series: (Six, pre-recorded, 25-minute videos)
$180 Corporate Partner | $270 Community Partner
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- Don't Just Sit There: Today's culture supports and promotes sedentary behaviors – movement must be an intentional practice. Learn the why and how to encourage adding more activity to your daily routine.
- Restoration and Recovery: How much is too much? Learning how to optimize the balance between "work" and "rest" can make a difference in avoiding injury and/or speeding healing.
- Exercise is the Miracle Pill: Stressed? Fatigued? Depressed? Have arthritis or elevated blood pressure, cholesterol or glucose levels? Learn how exercise might by the best prescription.
- From Effort to Outcomes with Exercise: Turn exercise output into outcomes by applying physical activity recommendations with science for progression.
- Healing Foods: “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food” – Hippocrates. Food is body fuel. Participants will understand how fiber, fats, antioxidants and other nutrients combine to improve overall health.
- Food and Mood: Our emotional state impacts our food decisions and our food decisions impact our emotional state. This informative discussion showcases how participants can take control of both.
- What's Really in My Food: Participants will explore what goes into food when it is processed, what it means to eat food in its "natural" form and why the differences matter so much.
- Dinner Solved: Many of us are overwhelmed by the time and effort it takes to buy, prepare, and eat food at home. Participants will learn how food prep can enable much healthier food decision
- Eating for Success on the Go: Without mindfulness, preparation, and helpful tips, eating on the go or while on the road can derail any good eating intentions. Don’t get stuck on the road to poor nutrition.
- Multi-Tasking - Fact or Fiction?: Review current research on - and the impacts of - productivity and personal well-being that can come from multi-tasking. Participants might just be surprised.
- Mindful vs Mind Full: Explore "mindfulness" as a practice that allows participants to de-clutter their minds and become more "present" and to truly participate in the moments that might improve their lives.
- Stress - Is it Harmful or Helpful?: Reframe how stress is considered, viewed, and approached. Participants will learn about the benefits of properly engaging and managing stress.
- Resilience, The Rebound Strategy: Participants learn to harness their inner strength to rebound from stress, a setback, or other challenges.
- Relationships - Life Drainer or Life Saver?: Humans are social beings and thrive when we have positive social connections. Participants explore how good friends can lengthen and improve lives.
- Selfish to Selfless: Selfless acts have many personal benefits. So whether your contributions are for selfish gain or selfless service first, you get benefits.
- Money Matters: Many people identify "personal finances" as a top stressor and most see them as stressful. We examine small steps that participants can take now to improve their financial future.
- Blue Zones: Nine Secrets to Longer Life Learn practices that are standing the test of time from populations around the world that are living WELL - longer.
- Inflammation, and What To Do About It: Learn how free radicals, antioxidants and stress impact your body and how you can fight back to improve your health.
- Weight Loss, No Gimmicks: Apply cornerstone practices and consistency in eating habits, physical activity, sleep hygiene and stress management to achieve healthy, sustainable weight loss.
- Fight Diabetes Risk with Action: Don’t play the victim with Diabetes. Whether you have been diagnosed, told you are pre-diabetic or it runs in your family, you can take action.
- From Screen Time to Sleep Time: Television or internet scrolling may be part of your current bedtime routine but could you change this habit if it meant more energy, improved hormone functioning, and better overall well-being?
The cost for each presentation is $250 for a community organization or just $150 for a Corporate Membership Partners.
Recommended class formats based on limited choreography, need for additional equipment, and general interest:
- Tai Chi
Classes can be scheduled as Private classes at a Greater Wichita YMCA Branch for more options on class formats and a way to increase exposure to group exercise classes at the YMCA.
Classes can also be offered in a virtual format to support a remote workforce or employees that are spread across the city, state or region.