Did you know that the Greater Wichita YMCA is the region's leading provider of water and swim education? Our swim lessons - available for members and non-members from six-months to 106-years-old - can improve and enhance water comfort, confidence, and safety for everyone from a first-timer to a competitive, life-long swimmer all under the supervision of certified lifeguard instructors who can provide the right information and support to anyone who wants or needs to learn.
Swimming is not only part of the DNA of the YMCA, it is a great form of exercise, a challenging sport, effective therapy, a valuable life skill, and just plain fun. There’s nowhere better to learn to swim than the Y, either. We've been offering swim lessons and swimming programs since our inception and for well over 100 years locally. Today, the YMCA is the nation's leading swimming teacher - a status we extend to our own served communities in south central Kansas.
WHY LEARN TO SWIM AT THE Y?
The Greater Wichita YMCA provides a safe, fun, encouraging environment that helps everyone feel comfortable swimming and learning. When you choose to learn or advance your skills with swim lessons at the Y you can expect:
- LOCATIONS - You can take swim lessons at our nine branches with aquatics centers in Andover, KS, El Dorado, KS, Newton, KS, and Wichita, KS.
- OPTIONS - We have hundreds of swimming classes each week that are customized based on age, ability to swim, interests and goals, and other factors.
- CHOICES - Classes are available for individuals, partners, small- and medium-sized groups, and teams to give the right support for everyone in the pool.
- QUALITY STAFF - All of our swim instructors are certified lifeguards who have taken additional training to qualify to teach swimming in our pools
- GREAT PRICES - As part of our commitment to empowering swimmers we offer great prices and income-based financial assistance to those who qualify.