The average American will gain five pounds during the Holiday Season (Thanksgiving through New Year's Day). Don't be "average" - even as you enjoy the season and festivities with family, friends, colleagues, and the community - you can and should stay active, get plenty of rest, and make sensible food choices. To simply maintain your weight this season is doable - with motivation. Our annual BATTLE OF THE BULGE challenge, a member favorite, encourages participants and gives them a limited-edition t-shirt if they meet their goal of maintaining their weight. To participate and be rewarded is simple:
- REGISTER For $10 at any Greater Wichita YMCA location Welcome Desk
- WEIGHT 1 Provide your "start" weight on/before SAT. 11/30
- WEIGHT 2 Provide your "end" weight between WED. 01/01 and WED. 01/08
We'll be here to support you every step of the way with members getting unlimited WEEKLY use of
- 850+ group exercise classes
- 1,050+ weekly hours of open fitness facilities
- 400+ hours of open courts and pools
- 9 indoor tracks, and more.
No matter how you want to maintain your weight this holiday season - let the Greater Wichita YMCA help.
MAKE A CONNECTION
The Greater Wichita YMCA offers challenges and hundreds more ways for you to pursue healthy spirit, mind, and body including: