Fun and Friends in a Safe Environment
Funded through generous gifts to the Greater Wichita YMCA's Strong Community Campaign, LATE NIGHT is a Community Development initiative and a recognized adolescent program.
If you’re facing another boring Saturday night at home, or just looking to get out of the house, come hang out with other teens at Greater Wichita YMCA’s Late Night. Open to high school students every Saturday night, Late Night allows teens the opportunity to play basketball, swim, play racquetball or just hang out and make new friends in a safe environment, all for free.
Late Night brings area youth, Greater Wichita YMCA staff, the Wichita Police Department, and occasional partners and special guests together at some of our facilities after they close on Saturday evenings. The program supports universal needs for teens including social time, physical activity, interactions with diverse people and perspectives, nurtured social skills, and the opportunity to build positive, appropriate relationships with non-parent/guardian adults. The Greater Wichita YMCA meets those needs and offers gyms, pools, fitness centers and food - all for FREE to participants - every week in a safe, supportive environment that keeps kids coming back week after week.
Greater Wichita YMCA's LN Esports Tournament
On Saturday, September 14th, 2019, the YMCA hosted Late Night - ESPORTS Edition.
Over 450 Wichita area high school students came out to the late-night event. FREE access to courts and dinner for all teens with a valid high school ID. Esports content included Free Play, Smash Brothers and Fortnite tournaments, Overwatch and Rocket League exhibitions, contests, demonstrations, and more.
FREE PROGRAM - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
While Greater Wichita YMCA membership is not required to participate, the following is:
- Valid High School ID
- Proper Attire
- Completed/Signed Consent Form
An ID and signed consent form must be submitted/shown before teens will be allowed access, without exception.
- Athletic clothing and closed-toe shoes (sneakers are ideal) should be worn for participation in physical activities. Modest and appropriate swimsuits are mandatory for pool usage.
- ALL personal belongings (backpacks, purses, etc.) must be checked-in and left with Late Night staff. The Greater Wichita YMCA is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Teens must arrange and are solely responsible for their own transportation to/from Late Night each Saturday.
- Late Night doors open, unless otherwise announced for special events, at 8:30PM.
- Participants may leave at any time but will NOT be re-admitted and MUST leave the premises immediately.
- All activities will stop ay 11:20PM and the evening formally ends at 11:30PM.
- ALL teens must be picked-up no later than 11:45PM.
- Failure to observe entry and exit policies may result in temporary suspension from participation.
- Ongoing issues with drop-off/pick-up times and other policies may lead to permanent barring from the program.
- ALL participants must appropriately check-in for Late Night.
- Members can enter using their access number (or by scanning their app).
- Community participants can show their ID and verify they have a consent form on file.
- FIRST TIME participants must provide a consent form PRIOR to admission to activities without exception
Late Night Host Sites
Unless otherwise indicated, Late Night is held every week at two Greater Wichita YMCA locations
RICHARD A. DEVORE SOUTH YMCA
3405 S Meridian Ave., Bldg. 100
Wichita, KS 67217
DENNIS SCHOENEBECK NORTH YMCA
3330 N. Woodlawn Street
Wichita, KS 67220
The Four R's of Late Night
The Greater Wichita YMCA welcomes all teens but enforces a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for any behavior that challenges the FOUR Rs and/or our commitment to a safe, positive environment and evening. This includes fighting or bullying as well as the violation of any other rules or policies see below. Any inappropriate activity or violations of any rules will result in an immediate, temporary suspension from the program. Repeated incidents may result in permanent barring from the program.
The FOUR Rs of Late Night are: