Fun and Friends in a Safe Environment
Open to high school students, the LATE NIGHT program is offered at the South YMCA. Funded through generous gifts to the Greater Wichita YMCA's Strong Community Campaign, LATE NIGHT is a Community Development initiative and a recognized adolescent program.
LATE NIGHT brings teens together after our branch closes to support universal needs for socializing, physical activity, interactions with diverse people and perspectives, and the opportunity to build positive, appropriate relationships with non-parent/guardian adults. The Greater Wichita YMCA meets those needs and offers a safe, supportive environment that keeps kids coming back.
SIGN UP ONLINE OR PRINT THE PDF FORM AND BRING IT TO THE SOUTH YMCA TO SIGN UP.
IMPORTANT: The online form must be submitted by 3:00PM on the Friday BEFORE the Saturday Late Night event that the participant is wanting to attend.
Download & Print PDF Waiver Form
Online Parent Consent/Waiver Form
FREE PROGRAM - REGISTRATION REQUIRED
While Greater Wichita YMCA membership is not required to participate, the following is:
- Valid High School ID
- Proper Attire
- Completed/Signed Consent Form
An ID and signed consent form must be submitted/shown before teens will be allowed access, without exception.
LATE NIGHT POLICIES OVERVIEW
- Athletic clothing and closed-toe shoes (sneakers are ideal) should be worn for participation in physical activities. Modest and appropriate swimsuits are mandatory for pool usage.
- ALL personal belongings (backpacks, purses, etc.) must be checked-in and left with Late Night staff. The Greater Wichita YMCA is not responsible for any lost, damaged, or stolen items.
- Teens must arrange and are solely responsible for their own transportation to/from each Late Night.
- Late Night doors open, unless otherwise announced for special events, at 7:30PM.
- Participants may leave at any time but will NOT be re-admitted and MUST leave the premises immediately.
- All activities will stop at 10:00PM.
- ALL teens must be picked-up no later than 10:15PM.
- Failure to observe entry and exit policies may result in temporary suspension from participation.
- Ongoing issues with drop-off/pick-up times and other policies may lead to permanent barring from the program.
- ALL participants must appropriately check-in for Late Night.
- Members can enter using their access number (or by scanning their app).
- Community participants can show their ID and verify they have a consent form on file.
- FIRST TIME participants must provide a consent form PRIOR to admission to activities without exception
Late Night Host Site
The LATE NIGHT program is offered three times a month at the South YMCA
June 3, 10 and 24
July 1, 15 and 29
August 12, 19 and 26
September 16, 23 and 30
RICHARD A. DEVORE SOUTH YMCA
3405 S Meridian Ave., Bldg. 100
Wichita, KS 67217
The Four R's of Late Night
The Greater Wichita YMCA welcomes all teens but enforces a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for any behavior that challenges the FOUR Rs and/or our commitment to a safe, positive environment and evening. This includes fighting or bullying as well as the violation of any other rules or policies see below. Any inappropriate activity or violations of any rules will result in an immediate, temporary suspension from the program. Repeated incidents may result in permanent barring from the program.
The FOUR Rs of Late Night are:
Greater Wichita YMCA's LN Esports Tournament
On Saturday, September 14th, 2019, the YMCA hosted Late Night - ESPORTS Edition.
Over 450 Wichita area high school students came out to the late-night event. FREE access to courts and dinner for all teens with a valid high school ID. Esports content included Free Play, Smash Brothers and Fortnite tournaments, Overwatch and Rocket League exhibitions, contests, demonstrations, and more.