Thanksgiving is a time when we take inventory of our blessings, and it’s certainly something I have done more and more of in recent days. At the top of my gratitude list is the honor of being part of the Greater Wichita YMCA family.
I am proud to see firsthand the impact the Y’s mission has on individuals, families and our community-at-large. Support from members, donors, our volunteer board of directors and staff allowed us to expand our mission in 2021, meet challenges head on and forge ahead at a time when events around us made our health and wellness programs and services more important than ever.
We are strengthening a community together – a community that is still feeling the effects of a pandemic that we now know will be with us for some time to come.
Thank you for your commitment to make the Y a place where everyone belongs. Each year, our Strong Community Campaign serves 74,099 individuals with free or discounted services.
- Brought hope to families through the Good Food For All program in partnership with the Kansas Food Bank and the Health & Wellness Coalition of Wichita. With the help of countless volunteers, we distributed fresh produce to 480 families over 12 weeks this summer.
- Invited second graders back to our branches to learn basic skills to keep them safe around water in the SPLASH! program.
- Expanded the Y’s Job Prep program, encouraging more teens to discover their potential and future career path.
- Continued the Middle School After School program to give sixth to eighth graders a safe place to grow and thrive.
- Introduced the people, places and programs of the Y to members in a whole new way through YMCA360.
None of this would be possible without you.
Now, as we continue to move forward with our Healthy Connections Plan that is focused on strengthening every aspect of our lives by encouraging people of all ages to engage in healthy activities, find their potential and build connections with each other, I am even more excited about where the future will take us.
Thank you for putting community first and for helping to advance the mission of the Greater Wichita YMCA.
I wish you and your family a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
President and CEO
Greater Wichita YMCA