The Greater Wichita YMCA—with nine branches, four outdoor water parks, two sports centers, 1,000+ employees, 800+ weekly group exercise classes, and hundreds of organized sports teams and leagues, educational initiatives, and support programs—is the region's leading resource for wellness and the area's largest provider of child care, summer programs, and ability-to-pay-based pricing for all services and programs that ensure access for all.
As a nonprofit organization, we are mission driven and have - since 1885 - sought to ensure healthy spirit, mind, and body for everyone in our community. We serve, through our facilities, initiatives, and partnerships, 300,000+ of our neighbors in Andover, El Dorado, Newton, Viola, and Wichita and throughout Sedgwick, Butler, Harvey, and Sedgwick Counties and all of Kansas.
Today we offer:
- 9 Branch Locations (with a tenth under construction)
- Presence in Andover, KS, El Dorado, KS, Newton, KS, Viola, KS, and Wichita, KS
- 4 Outdoor Water Parks, 2 Sports Centers, and 1 Camp
- Employment Opportunities for Up-To 1,500 People
- 800+ Group Exercise Classes in Studios and Pools
- Recreational, Organized, and Competitive Sports for All Ages
- Child Care at Our Locations and Dozens of Local Schools
- Dozens of Education, Enrichment, and Community Programs
- Partnerships with 60+ Regional Groups, Entities, and Causes
THE POWER OF OUR PEOPLE
We serve 300,000+ of our neighbors annually but we do that WITH our neighbors. We employ 1,000+ people (with up to 1,500 employees during summer camp and water park season) and we have a metro / regional board and advisory boards for all of our branches as well as countless partners, donors, volunteers, and supporters.
LEARN MORE AND START A DISCUSSION
We know that the size and scope of our organization and how each program or initiative we offer is structured and executed could lead to questions. Let's talk.
ANOTHER REASON Y
The Greater Wichita YMCA offers hundreds of options, programs, and ways to support your pursuit of a healthy spirit, mind, and body including: