About Our Pools
The South YMCA offers recreational and lap swimming as part of your membership. We are also proud be home to one of the Greater Wichita YMCA's four Water Parks - also included with your membership.
Water Slide & Mushroom
- Monday-Thursday - 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
- Friday - 2:00 PM - 8:30 PM
- Saturday - 1:00 PM - 6:30 PM
- Sunday - 6:30 AM - 6:30 PM
The Hot Tub is available for members and guests 18+ during regular operating hours. Closed for cleaning Friday 1:00 PM - 3:00PM.
- Ages 6 & under. Must be accompanied by parent/guardian at all times/
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday - 10:30 am - 12:00 PM
- June 3 - August 10
- 70 lengths (35 laps) = 1 mile
- 35 lengths (17.5 laps) = 1/2 mile
- 18 lengths (9 laps) = 1/4 mile
100 Mile Club
Record your laps throughout the year and earn a t-shirt for achieving 100 miles. Free to Y members. Ask any lifeguard for details.
Our outdoor water parks (North, Northwest, & South YMCAs) are open from May 28 - Labor Day.
- Lazy River, Kiddie Play Area, Family Pool
- Tube Slide and Plunge Slide
- Diving Board and Climbing Wall
- Adult Only Therapy Benches
Building Swim Skills
Whether you are a new swimmer or need to improve your existing skills, the Y is here to help you build strong skills and confidence in the water. Private (1:1), Small Group, and Medium-Sized Classes available. 1-time, 2-week, monthly, and on-going enrollment.