Check out our site listing to find out if the YMCA program is offered at your desired location and day.
Fall enrollment coming soon.
SCHOOL DAY OUT FEES
- $10/Day/Child (KEY Academy Participants)
- $25/Day/Child (Youth on a YMCA Family Members / School District Employees)
- $35/Day/Child (All Other Children)
FALL, WINTER AND SPRING BREAK CLUB FEES
School Day Out and Break Club programs are intended to allow parents and guardians options when schools are closed. By providing full day child care for kids - ages 5-12 - these programs provide a safe, comfortable environment for kids and confidence, for parents and guardians, that they can keep their normal weekday schedules or handle seasonal demands without worrying about how their kids will fill their days.
Our goal for all children in our School Day Out and Break Club programs is to provide them with a full day of fun. We provide structured care in a safe, comfortable environment and combine physical, social, and educational activities but we also offer more freedom to choose how to engage. Kids can enjoy social time with current and new friends and explore various topics and discussions. We will also provide them with a healthy breakfast and afternoon snack.
School Days Out offer a full day of activities and fun for all participants. In-school programs will rely on our existing program sites for activities. Programs in our Y branches will incorporate program studios and pools for additional options. All programs feature seasonal content including arts and crafts and feature educational, social, and physical components including a healthy breakfast and nutritious snack each day. Children must bring their own sack lunch daily.
Break Clubs offer a full day of activities and fun for all participants that leverage our Y branches - including program studios and pools - for additional options. All programs feature seasonal content including arts and crafts and feature educational, social, and physical components including a healthy breakfast and nutritious snack each day. Children must bring their own sack lunch daily.
No. While priority at some schools is given to KEY Academy participants who want to enroll in School Day(s) Out - participation is not required. Break Clubs are entirely distinct from KEY Academy with the exception of paperwork.
No. Our School Day Out and Break Club programs are open to ALL students - based on age/grade level - including home-schooled students. While priority for School Day Out programs in schools is given to students who attend that school and/or participate in KEY Academy but that is not required. All School Day Out and Break Club programs at our Y branch locations are open to every student with no restrictions based on district. All programs are subject to availability and require all appropriate paperwork and payment, etc.
New KDHE forms must be completed each year.
We have made the following changes to our program’s physical environments:
- All soft-surfaced items (including-but-not-limited-to; stuffed animals, dress-up clothes, cloth pillows, etc.) that cannot be easily sanitized have been removed.
- Play-Doh, clay, and finger painting activities will not be provided.
- Children will be assigned individual totes for writing and art tools; shared tubs of crayons, markers, scissors etc. have been removed.
- Each group of children will have assigned board games and manipulative activities that will be disinfected at the end of each week/session.
- Water fountain use will be limited to filling water bottles.
- Personal items stored in baskets will be positioned so they are not touching others and will be disinfected at the end of each day.
Promotion of social distancing is being supported by:
- Additional seating and/or staggered meal times will be used to maintain distance during food service. Meals will no longer be served “family” style.
- A site director or other staff member will be assigned as “group leader” to provide consistent supervision to a designated group of 15 children.
- Combining of groups will be limited as much as practical at all times.
Enhanced health practices include:
- Implementation of daily wellness screenings for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Adults and children, non-essential to program operations, will be limited in program areas.
- Staff and children will be washing hands frequently including between all activities - hand sanitizer will be used when hand washing (soap/water) is not practical.
- Wearing of facial coverings during physical play/activities and while outdoors will vary to meet individual school district guidelines at/for each location.
- Hard surfaces throughout the program will be sanitized each day.
- Outdoor/playground schedules will be limited to 45 children at a time and will adjusted, when possible, to provide extended outdoor play/activity opportunities.