768 Children, Adults, and Families got meals and winter coats - all donated, served, and distributed by Y members and volunteers.
The 42nd annual dinner is a community partnership organized by the Greater Wichita YMCA's Community Development staff with support and participation from our community advisory boards, staff, volunteers, and members as well as partner organizations including the Lord's Dinner of the Catholic Diocese of Wichita, Cargill Protein and Cargill Cares Wichita, Fidelity Bank, and more.
The City of Wichita's Wichita Transit also donated a total of 370 bus passes to help participants attend and get home from the event.
The 2019 WE CARE THANKSGIVING DINNER by the numbers:
- 40 PRE-EVENT VOLUNTEERS 15 Cooking Volunteers (Tuesday) and 25 Set-Up Volunteers (Tuesday PM/Wednesday AM)
- 116 EVENT VOLUNTEERS 28 Food Prep Volunteers, 62 Serving Line and Dining Room Volunteers, 26 Coat Volunteers
- 1195 MEALS SERVED With turkey, potatoes, dressing, sides, and dessert including 530 Dine-In and 665 Carry-Out
- 850 COATS COLLECTED/DISTRIBUTED Children's, Men's, and Women's Sizes to participants and through local charities
- 3 TABLES OF WINTER ITEMS COLLECTED/DISTRIBUTED Gloves, Hats, and Scarves of all sizes given to participants