Check out our site listing to find out if the YMCA program is offered at your child’s school site.
To begin the registration process:
- Read our program brochure and parent policies before you begin.
- To begin the registration process, you must have an online account. To create or log into your existing online account, click here.
- If your child has any special needs or will need special accommodations while in our care, please contact our Child Care Office.
- Complete online KDHE and payment agreement forms
- Complete the Key Academy registration form including program site and service schedule preferences and calculating weekly participation fees.
- Take completed enrollment packet to any Greater Wichita YMCA branch to secure your space.
- Pay the $25 per child annual enrollment fee and first week's fees (if enrolling within ten business days of intended participation).
2020-2021 Weekly Fees
|1-2 days/wk||3+ days/wk|
|YMCA Member||Community Participant||YMCA Member||Community Participant|
|Before School (Breakfast Included)||$30||$35||$50||$55|
|After School (Snack Included)||$35||$40||$55||$60|
|Before and After School (Breakfast and Snack Included)||$45||$50||$65||$70|
Our most frequently asked questions
KEY Academy is an ideal complement to the school day for students K-5. The program takes place at the school, so parents/guardians can modify their drop-off/pick-up times without adding a stop to morning and evening routines, and children can be in a known, comfortable environment. Our staff - trained and lead by certified staff - extend the school day with learning, games, activities, and fun and can provide homework support allowing families to enjoy their evenings together.
Children who participate in KEY Academy will have additional time with peers for building relationships and social and physical activities. They will receive homework and learning support from trained staff with access to additional in-school resources when appropriate. Children will also participate in activities and programs - that change throughout the year - to keep them engage and excited.
No. While priority at some schools is given to KEY Academy participants who want to enroll in School Day(s) Out - participation is not required. Break Clubs are entirely distinct from KEY Academy with the exception of paperwork.
New KDHE forms must be completed each year.
We have made the following changes to our program’s physical environments:
- All soft-surfaced items (including-but-not-limited-to; stuffed animals, dress-up clothes, cloth pillows, etc.) that cannot be easily sanitized have been removed.
- Play-Doh, clay, and finger painting activities will not be provided.
- Children will be assigned individual totes for writing and art tools; shared tubs of crayons, markers, scissors etc. have been removed.
- Each group of children will have assigned board games and manipulative activities that will be disinfected at the end of each week/session.
- Water fountain use will be limited to filling water bottles.
- Personal items stored in baskets will be positioned so they are not touching others and will be disinfected at the end of each day.
Promotion of social distancing is being supported by:
- Additional seating and/or staggered meal times will be used to maintain distance during food service. Meals will no longer be served “family” style.
- A site director or other staff member will be assigned as “group leader” to provide consistent supervision to a designated group of 15 children.
- Combining of groups will be limited as much as practical at all times.
Enhanced health practices include:
- Implementation of daily wellness screenings for COVID-19 symptoms.
- Adults and children, non-essential to program operations, will be limited in program areas.
- Staff and children will be washing hands frequently including between all activities - hand sanitizer will be used when hand washing (soap/water) is not practical.
- Wearing of facial coverings during physical play/activities and while outdoors will vary to meet individual school district guidelines at/for each location.
- Hard surfaces throughout the program will be sanitized each day.
- Outdoor/playground schedules will be limited to 45 children at a time and will adjusted, when possible, to provide extended outdoor play/activity opportunities.