Day Care Inside Area High Schools
In our Child Development Centers (CDC) environments, babies develop trust and security, toddler’s language skills blossom and their independence grows, while preschoolers experience early literacy and build the skills needed to enter kindergarten both academically and socially prepared.
Most importantly, children learn how to be their best selves. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
The Greater Wichita YMCA's Child Development Centers (CDCs) are run by the Y and operated by Greater Wichita YMCA staff, but hosted in area high schools through a partnership with Wichita Public Schools (USD259). Our CDCs foster a warm “extended” family atmosphere in which children feel secure, comfortable and important. CDCs offer affordable, KDHE-licensed, high quality, YMCA child care programs.
These dynamic programs are customized to meet the needs of the children of parents that are still in school and/or working. The goal is to help to improve the overall outcomes for young families. CDCs provide children (two-weeks-old through their start of school) with a mixture of learning, social, and physical activities that holistically approach education, building confidence, and helping to ensure future success.
We are excited to serve your family. Our goal is to meet the individual needs of each child and family within the structure of our program, while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all children and staff.
To Apply and Register
- Review the CDC Program Overview, Policies and Parent Information
- Contact our administrative office or a CDC site to inquire about openings, discuss your child's needs, verify costs and assistance, and to schedule a visit
- Applications/enrollment forms are available IN PERSON at any CDC site, or by MAIL
- ALL KDHE paperwork, CDC enrollment forms and support documents, and signed parental policy form are required for enrollment consideration.
- Registration is NOT available online or at our Y branch Welcome Desks - it is exclusively available with our CDC staff or by mail to our admin. office.
- Greater Wichita YMCA/CDC staff MUST confirm enrollment before children can enter the program, without exception.
- Enrollment is based on available space, child developmental readiness, licensing guidelines, and prioritization. Costs are based on classroom assignment.
- Children with special needs will be accepted only if enrollment is in the best interest of the child
- Income-based pricing and grant funding available for those who qualify
- Our licensed programs, including CDCs, accept DCF Child Care Assistance funds through the State of Kansas
- Parents are the first and most important teachers in a child’s life.
- Families benefit when parents and adults pursue work and personal responsibilities – which requires a safe, pleasant, and dependable place to entrust the care of their children.
- Development is patterned, but each child is unique – growing at their own pace and style.
- Children are innately curious. They constantly gather knowledge of the world through education and other experiences including play.
- Trust, respect, and emotional awareness of self, others, and nature are crucial elements for positive self-growth and productive in our increasingly complex society.
- Full-day child care services — Monday through Friday from 7AM-5PM when USD 259 is in-session and, based on need, during in-service and non-teaching duty days
- Part-time child care services, based on enrollment, at select locations
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks – provided through USD 259’s Child and Adult Food Care Program – daily
- Kansas Early Learning Standards-aligned curriculum and assessments
- Parental engagement tools to continue education at home
- Financial support including income-based financial assistance for those who qualify and scholarships (through generous YMCA donors) for eligible families and we accept DCF funding