Child Care Inside Our Y Branches
The Greater Wichita YMCA's Early Learning Centers (ELCs) are hosted in our Y branches but staffed and managed entirely by our Child Care and Camp branch staff. ELCs offer an atmosphere for learning and fun where children and families feel secure, comfortable, and important.
ELCs provide affordable, KDHE-licensed, high quality, YMCA child care programs. These dynamic programs are customized to meet the needs of the children of parents that are still in school and/or working. The goal is to help to improve the overall outcomes for young families. ELCs provide children (two-weeks-old through their start of school) with a mixture of learning, social, and physical activities that holistically approach education, building confidence, and helping to ensure future success.
We are excited to serve your family. Our goal is to meet the individual needs of each child and family within the structure of our program, while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all children and staff.
Before Enrolling, You Should Know:
- ALL KDHE paperwork, ELC enrollment forms and support documents, and signed parental policy form are required for enrollment consideration.
- Registration is NOT available online or at our Y branch Welcome Desks - it is exclusively available with our ELC staff or by mail
- Greater Wichita YMCA/ELC staff MUST confirm enrollment before children can enter the program, without exception.
- Enrollment is based on available space, child developmental readiness, licensing guidelines, and prioritization. Costs are based on classroom assignment.
- Children with special needs will be accepted only if enrollment is in the best interest of the child
- Income-based pricing and grant funding available for those who qualify
- Our licensed programs, including ELCs, accept DCF Child Care Assistance funds through the State of Kansas
- Parents are the first and most important teachers in a child’s life.
- Families benefit when parents and adults pursue work and personal responsibilities – which requires a safe, pleasant, and dependable place to entrust the care of their children.
- Development is patterned, but each child is unique – growing at their own pace and style.
- Children are innately curious. They constantly gather knowledge of the world through education and other experiences including play.
- Trust, respect, and emotional awareness of self, others, and nature are crucial elements for positive self-growth and productive in our increasingly complex society.
- Full-day child care services—for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers— Monday through Friday from 6:30AM - 6PM.
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch, and snacks provided.
- Kansas Early Learning Standards-aligned curriculum and assessments
- Parental engagement tools to continue education at home
- Financial support including income-based financial assistance for those who qualify and scholarships (through generous YMCA donors) for eligible families and we accept DCF funding
To Apply and Register
- Review the ELC Program Overview, Policies, and Parent Information, at any ELC site
- Contact our administrative office or a ELC site to inquire about openings, discuss your child's needs, verify costs and assistance, and to schedule a visit
- Applications/enrollment forms are available IN PERSON at any ELC site, or by MAIL (instructions in Overview Brochure)
ELC Sites and Contact Information
YMCA Early Learning Center - Augusta
1301 Helen Street, Augusta, Kansas 67010
Program Director: Kelli Moughan
email@example.com or 316.390.2303
9333 E. Douglas Ave., Wichita, KS 67207
Program Director: Sherry Syakhasone
firstname.lastname@example.org or 316.685.2059
3405 S. Meridian Ave., Wichita, KS 67217
Program Director: Jackie Tanner
email@example.com or 316.942.9782