Make a Difference This Summer as a Lifeguard or Camp Staffer
Why spend your summer working a boring job, when you could have inspiring others and gaining valuable experience instead?
The Greater Wichita YMCA - with branch locations in Andover, El Dorado, Newton, and Wichita and camp locations in Andover, Bel Aire, El Dorado, Viola, and Wichita - is looking for leaders to fill summer positions. We serve 250,000 neighbors every summer including kids at camp, families at our water parks, and members of all ages in our programs.
If you are looking for your first job to start your career, if you want to pick-up a few extra hours each week, or if you are pursuing a career in service, teaching, coaching, or non-profit fields - the Greater Wichita YMCA is for you. All of our employees receive competitive pay, free membership privileges, potential reimbursement of certification costs, and the opportunity to grow and develop as they inspire those we serve.
Consider starting your search for summer employment with us now. While most of our seasonal positions do not require previous, direct experience, we do require certifications for some and those courses fill quickly.
Y Lifeguard Needs
- We need lifeguards year-round at branch locations with aquatic centers
- Seasonal, summer needs grow to include our indoor and outdoor pools
- No prior experience is required for pre-hire and certification, advanced career roles available
- Work at our branches in Andover, El Dorado, Newton and Wichita or Camp Hyde in Viola, Kansas
Greater Wichita YMCA Offers DailyPay
We’ve partnered with DailyPay so you can get your pay any time before payday. It’s free to create an account and your available pay will increase each time you work.
Inspiration Wears the Y
Our Campers - ages 5-16 - look to our Camp Staff to Inspire Learning, Fun, and Adventure All Summer Long.
The Greater Wichita YMCA is the area's largest Summer Camp program provider. We offer a variety of camp types that serve varying age levels and interests. We need hundreds of staff members to facilitate a great camp experience that reflects our commitment to youth development.
- to coordinate early morning and late afternoon activities for Camp Hyde commuters
- to coordinate and lead camp activities in our branches and at the Bel Aire Recreation Complex
- to drive or ride with campers to/from our Bus Stops and Camp Hyde and on field trips
- to lead programs, teach skills, engage campers, and keep kids active and engaged
- for swim lessons, open swimming, and aquatics including boating and fishing
- to lead our Frontier Horse Camps and Sports Camps at Camp Hyde and Farha Sports Centers
- to oversee operations and manage camp sites, programs, staff, and campers